Potsticker Soup



I discovered this soup idea from another blogger 
(Honeysuckle: Soup Recipe
And decided to create and share my version of the yummy dish.

I've made this soup a few times now and absolutely love how simple and hearty it is.
When I am not in the mood for something heavy, but still want a more 'substantial' soup, this is totally the dish I will make.

In Honeysuckle's recipe, she uses miso soup. I have tried this using with miso, chicken and ramen broth (separately, not all together) and so far my favorite is using the ramen mixed with chicken broth. But you can use whatever broth you enjoy best. 
Honeysuckle also uses frozen mushrooms and you really can use anything you have (fresh, frozen or dry) it will just change the cooking time.

She also used broccoli and I think you can put whatever veggies you prefer, just make sure you cook them depending on the vegetable (firmer veggies take longer, tender veggies, take less.)
When I add baby bok choy to hot soups, I never cook them in the dish.
I set them directly into the serving bowl and pour the hot brothy soup over the top. 
The heat cooks it perfectly without taking away any crunch.

Ingredients:

Broth (Any kind you prefer, about 2 cups per person)
Dried Mushrooms (Washed and drained really well- you can also use fresh or frozen if you can't find the dried kind at your asian supermarket)
Frozen Potstickers (about 5 per adult)
1 tbsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Sesame oil
1 green (spring) onions- chopped
1 clove garlic- chopped
ginger- chopped (about the same amount as garlic)
Salt to taste
White pepper- about a dash
Baby bok choy- washed and chopped
chili oil - optional



Place broth and mushrooms into saucepan and bring to a low boil.
Add garlic, ginger and soy sauce and let mushroom soften.
Add frozen dumplings and let cook for about 5 mins.
Add in white part of green onion, salt, pepper and sesame oil give it all a good stir.
Check taste and add more of any ingredient you think needs adjusting.
Place chopped bok choy in serving bowls and ladle cooked soup on top.
Garnish with green part of onion and drizzle with chili oil.
Enjoy!







Comments