Cocoa Chia Pudding


I think I was spending way too much money buying this at a restaurant chain near by, so I decided to just make it at home.
Yes, it takes time to let sit overnight, but its so simple and delicious, its worth making a batch to have in your fridge for those moments you crave something chocolatey, but can feel completely guilt free for eating it!

I don't have a variation version of this, I got it straight from another blog which I give full credit to Lisa Bryon at 'Downshiftology'

Here's what she did:

Ingredients-

  • 2 tbsp cacao powder or cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup dairy-free milk
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds

Garnish (optional)
  • Powered sugar
  • Raspberries
  • Chocolate shavings
(I used raspberries.)


In a medium-size bowl, add the cacao powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract, dairy-free milk and chia seeds. Whisk together until all ingredients are combined.
Leave the mixture in the bowl for 15 minutes without stirring for the chia seeds to gel. After 15 minutes, whisk it together one more time.
Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator overnight or a minimum of 4 hours. 
Remove the chocolate chia seed pudding from the fridge and stir together with a spoon. Serve into small dessert sized glasses. Top with your favorite fruit, chocolate shavings or other garnishes.






Comments