Salmon Salad

Marion's Kitchen is one of my favorite cooking shows to watch at the moment. The types of food she makes, makes me homesick for the food I grew up eating at home. I love when I find food shows that not only resonate with my palette, but my soul! My favorite part about watching shows like this is that I wan to try the new recipes I've never experienced, but would definitely already have the ingredients for in my pantry. Even though I didn't follow this recipe to the T, I added my own variation and have linked the Marion's Kitchen original version: HERE

Main Ingredients:
Cooking OilSalmon fillet
1 cup Asian Micro greensseveral fresh mint leaves (chopped) Dressing:3 tbsp fish sauce2 tbsp white vinegar3 tbsp sugar2 tbsp lime juice2 garlic cloves, finely chopped Quick Pickled Carrots & Chili:1 large carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks1 long red chili, finely sliced2 tsp sugar1 tsp sea salt¼ cup vinegar
Combine the ingredients for the quick pickled carrots and sliced chili, set aside.Mix together the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
Heat oil in large skillet and shallow fry salmon for about 6-7 minutes on each side (or until cooked)
In a large bowl, add the micro greens, mint leaves, and a large spoonful of quick pickled carrots & chili. Flake the salmon into large chunks and add into the mix. Drizzle desired amount of dressing. Gently toss, adding more dressing to taste.
I know Marion's version has more ingredients and flavor, but this variation version, was still super taste and gave me that tangy fresh flavor I was craving!

Comments