Tea Sandwiches


One of my favorite things is to have a tea party. 
I love creating an ambiance that's makes you feel like a heroine in a romantic Austen novel.
If I'm inside, there's usually classical french music playing and vase of fresh flowers.
If I'm outside and having my tea as a picnic, there's usually sunshine, breeze and my bare feet sinking into the soft emerald blades of grass. 
Either way, there's always a pretty dress and tiny sandwiches involved.



Here are a few recipes I use for my tea parties:

Egg Salad-
White bread
Hard boiled eggs
Miracle whip
salt and pepper to taste
paprika
chives

Boil and peel eggs. 
Place in a mixing boil with miracle whip, salt, pepper and paprika.
Mash and mix until well combined.
Mix in chopped chives.
Roll out bread to a consistently thin layer.
Cut off crusts and layer on egg mixture.
Place second piece of rolled out bread on top and cut into rectangles.

Smoked Salmon-

Round cookie cutter (1- 1.5 inches)
White bread
Chive cream cheese spread
Smoked salmon
Fresh sprigs of dill

Roll out bread to a consistently thin layer.
Cut out round as many circles with cookie cutter.
Place on a baking tray and toast in oven until slightly golden.
Let bread cool.
Spread cream cheese, layer on a torn piece of salmon and garnish with a sprig of dill.

Cucumber-
White bread
Thinly sliced cucumbers
Chive cream cheese spread

Roll out bread to a consistently thin layer.
Cut off crusts.
Spread cream cheese and layer on cucumber slices evenly.
Place second piece of rolled out bread on top and cut into triangles.

(You can save leftovers crusts for stuffing or other recipes.)


Depending on the 'party' you can serve these sandwiches along with pastries, fresh fruit, tea or lemonade.
I also love a good English scone with clotted cream and jam (I will have to share that recipe in another post.)



Comments