Loco Moco Tower


When I was in Hawaii I loved getting breakfast at the Hukilau Cafe.

I usually ordered the coconut pancakes, but every once in a while I would get the Hawaiian comfort food classic, "Loco Moco".

It contained a large serving of meat patty's dosed in brown gravy and topped with eggs all over a bed of rice.

I had to make my own version of this baby with a little less in quantity, without losing the quality!


Ingredients:


-Egg (Fried to your liking -I prefer mine over medium, but for a prettier photo, I had to do it sunny side up this time ‘round!)

-Cooked Rice

Brown gravy (I used a packet mix and followed instructions on the back)

Furikake (Japanese seasoning)

Cooking oil

Meat Patty-

Ground beef

Worcestershire sauce

Seasoning salt

Black Pepper

Garlic powder

Milk

Breadcrumbs


*You will also need a 2 inch round cooking cutter shape (or close to that size) if you want the towered look.


Directions:


Combine meat patty ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine together well using your hands to mix (Use gloves if needed… or just wash your hands REALLY well before and after)

Once combined, make it to patties roughly the size of the cookie you are using.

Heat oil in pan and cook patties, flipping occasionally until done.

To assemble

Place cookie cutter on plate (Sharp side down) and press warm rice into shape.

When rice cools a little, lift off the cutter and clean it well.

Place Egg and meat patty on cutting board and cut each with cookie shape so all elements are uniform. 

(Wash each time between uses to get the ‘cleanest’ looking results.)

Place meat patty onto rice and pour gravy over meat.

Place egg on top and sprinkle with Furikake seasoning.


Enjoy!





Comments